Thank you for checking out your secret website. I have compiled a number of items for you with the purpose of giving you access to resources for your own personal knowledge AND may be helpful for advancing discussions within your respective workplace environments.
You will find below:
- Your Suggestions
- Links to the Legislation
- General Resources
- Information about Lori Dupont
- Medicine and #Metoo - Recent articles
- Invitation to continue talking
Wow. There are 112 suggestions. These offerings, from you and your colleagues, can be a menu of options to consider when you are mapping out:
Your Power + Your Barriers = Strategies
Click here for the word document
Also, consider printing it and bringing to staff meetings, committee meetings, your other colleagues, members of leadership as a way to engage in conversations that are real and relevant for your environments. It’s in word format so that you can edit it to suit your needs.
Remember: doing nothing is not an option AND the something you do, is because it is right for you and your circumstances.
- The presentation slides - click here for the pdf
- Link to the City of Toronto’s Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Guidelines (which includes the list of behaviours we reviewed).
Here are links to the two laws we discussed:
These are all great places to get more information about legislation, rights and responsibilities. I’ve given a small description beside each one.
- Ontario Human Rights Commission (one pillar of Ontario’s human rights system, alongside the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario (HRTO) and the Human Rights Legal Support Centre (HRLSC). Excellent Policy Guidelines, research initiatives, educational tools and also acts as a intervener in cases)
- Ontario Human Rights Tribunal (adjudicative tribunal with a mandate to resolve applications and appeals brought under the Ontario Human Rights Code)
- Ontario Human Rights Legal Support Centre (free advice from lawyers/paralegals re: potential human rights violations)
- Ministry of Labour
- Guide: Workplace Violence and Harassment: Understanding the Law and Code of Practice
- Community Center 519 (City of Toronto Agency that is committed to the health, happiness and full participation of the LGBTQ community. Excellent source of education/training)
- the 519.org
If you would like to learn more about Lori Dupont, here are a few places:
Medicine & #Metoo - Recent Articles
Here are links to the White Coat / Black Art radio program and a series of articles that have been printed about sexual harassment and the medical profession:
Anything else I can do for you?
Please reach out if you’d like to have a conversation about potential education/training/skills development that may be of value to you and your teams.
I’m an strong advocate re: educate (invoke change now), so you don’t have to investigate (address situations later). If we chat, and there are others I know that would better suit your needs, I’m happy to put you in touch.
Thank you again for the chance to have this discussion with you.